Jenny Fry killed herself last June after her life had been made a misery because of her electro-hypersensitivity (EHS). She suffered from headaches, tiredness and bladder problems, and the symptoms were worse when she was seated near the wi-fi router at her school.
Her mother, Debra, said Jenny`s school had failed to safeguard children against the effects of wireless technology. She told Oxfordshire Coroners Court, which investigated Jenny`s death, that Jenny started to show signs of EHS in 2012.
Debra is now campaigning to raise awareness of EHS and the potential health hazards of wi-fi, especially in schools.
Although the World Health Organization does not recognize EHS as a medical condition, it does accept that people can suffer symptoms from wi-fi and electro-magnetic fields (EMFs) from mobile phones.
(Source: Daily Telegraph, December 1st, 2015)