Close X
Get more out of
by joining the site for free
Free 17-point plan to great health
Twice weekly e-news bulletins
Access to our News, Forums and Blogs
Sign up for free and claim your
17-point plan to great health
Free 17-point plan to great health

Twice weekly e-news bulletins

Access to our News, Forums and Blogs

If you want to read our in-depth research articles or
have our amazing magazine delivered to your home
each month, then you have to pay.

Click here if you're interested
Helping you make better health choices

What Doctors Don't Tell You

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

July 2020 (Vol. 5 Issue 5)

Toddler dies from mumps virus in MMR vaccine
About the author: 
Bryan Hubbard

Toddler dies from mumps virus in MMR vaccine image

The MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine has been directly blamed for the death of a five-year-old boy in the UK. Doctors have confirmed that the boy died from a mumps virus in his brain, which came from the ‘live’ vaccine.

The boy, who has not been named, was given the vaccine when he was 18 months old, and was diagnosed with Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Disease (SCID) four months later.

Over the following months, he was treated with drugs to treat symptoms of fever, rash, diarrhoea, lethargy and seizures. MRI scans detected encephalitis, or brain inflammation caused by infection.

The symptoms worsened, and by the time he was four, he was uncoordinated and was losing his sight.

Further tests discovered damage to the central nervous system and chronic inflammation, but despite being given antibiotics, antivirals and antifungal drugs, he died when he was five, by which time he was blind.

In post mortem examinations, researchers at University College London found a virus strain that came from the MMR in the boy's brain.

Lead researcher Sofia Morfopoulou says the boy may have had an impaired immune system before he was vaccinated, which made him more susceptible to a severe reaction. A similar case happened in 2015 when a 13-month-old girl died from encephalitis after being given the MMR.


(Source: Acta Neuropathol, 2017; 133: 139-47;

You may also be interested in...

Support WDDTY

Help support us to hold the drugs companies, governments and the medical establishment accountable for what they do.


Latest Tweet


Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, depression and many other chronic conditions..

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

© 2010 - 2019 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved