Twice weekly e-news bulletins

Access to our News, Forums and Blogs
OR

If you want to read our in-depth research articles or
have our amazing magazine delivered to your home
each month, then you have to pay.

Click here if you're interested
Helping you make better health choices

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

Subscribe!

Diabetes

willkirby24

20 Oct 2013 @ 21:35PM

Hi

Let me answer question 2 first.

Insulin along with Leptin and Ghrelin are your "hungry" hormones and are responsible for weight gain [read : Dr Richard Blaylock ]. Chronic long term Insulin injection will basically , as i say, lead to more weight gain.

Question 1.

Without speaking directly to your Mom, It could be that her insulin needs to be increased. Also, I would question her diet and or whether she has been sticking to it.

I would advocate a low carb higher fat raw food diet, with an eating programme of eating small saucer size snacks of no more than 200-250 cals per meal, while eating 5-6 small meals per day.

Hope this helps [read my profile] keep in touch

all the best.

willkirby24

20 Oct 2013 @ 21:35PM

Hi

Let me answer question 2 first.

Insulin along with Leptin and Ghrelin are your "hungry" hormones and are responsible for weight gain [read : Dr Russell Blaylock ]. Chronic long term Insulin injection will basically , as i say, lead to more weight gain.

Question 1.

Without speaking directly to your Mom, It could be that her insulin needs to be increased. Also, I would question her diet and or whether she has been sticking to it.

I would advocate a low carb higher fat raw food diet, with an eating programme of eating small saucer size snacks of no more than 200-250 cals per meal, while eating 5-6 small meals per day.

Blood sugars should be 5-7. Also if your Mom can exercise, this will help muscle tissue absorb glucose. Also, ther are programmes which claim to get diabetes free in a month.

Hope this helps [read my profile] keep in touch

all the best.

prioris

14 Oct 2013 @ 22:58PM

she said it was type 2. there is enough evidence that it can be reversed by natural methods but they require self motivation and self education and experimentation.

for heart disease, she should take nattokinase.

she should make an effort to get off synthetic medicines since they usually cause damage to ones health.

the problem with trying to address another persons health is that they may not be motivated to change things for whatever reason.

also there may be other health issues apart from the diabetes that need to be addressed that you or your mother may not know about.

many doctors who prescribe things are not aware of things they prescribe or completely understand side effects. i knew someone whose blood sugar was dropping too much and the doctors couldn't understand it. he was taking a fast and slow reacting insulin. he just happened to bump into a person who had similar situation who told him to stop taking the fast acting insulin and the problem got solved. the doctor was unable to solve the problem but a non doctor was.

hilarydyer

14 Oct 2013 @ 09:08AM

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your mum's condition. It seems unfortunate that her blood sugar reading is so high when she's on a strict diet. I don't know if she's type 1 or type 2 diabetic but type 2 is reversable with appropriate action. There is a book called Reversing Diabetes by a Dr Don Coleman, which might give you some pointers. I hope you get a answer to your questions and hope mine helped a bit.

julle-krist82

1 Oct 2013 @ 15:27PM

great post

nina.malinda

29 Sep 2013 @ 21:30PM

type 2 . She has also a recent minor heart failure.She is now on 12 pills.

prioris

16 Sep 2013 @ 00:22AM

you should specify type 1 or type 2

nina.malinda

15 Sep 2013 @ 16:47PM

Greetings. I am confused about my mom's diabetic condition. She is on diabetic medication for more than 10 years now., and she follows a rather strict diet. She kept on having occassional bouts of breathing difficulties. Yesterday morning she was admitted into hospital and ,according to the check-up her sugar is 14. Please enlighten me.Thank you.

2. May i know what are your views on insulin injections?

With best regards, NIna.

Latest Tweet

About

Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, depression and many other chronic conditions.

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

Most Popular Health Website of the Year 2014

© 2010 - 2017 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved