Twice weekly e-news bulletins

Access to our News, Forums and Blogs
OR

If you want to read our in-depth research articles or
have our amazing magazine delivered to your home
each month, then you have to pay.

Click here if you're interested
Helping you make better health choices

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

Subscribe!

From short sightedness to long sightedness

oliver-1

24 Aug 2012 @ 11:15AM

Dear Danjuma,

"Basically, I was asked to stop eating any processed food (juice, milk, soda, etc) which is common in many diets in Nigeria. I was advised to eat low carbohydrates and increase my intake of fruits, vegetables and water."

I'd be careful with the fruits if a lowering of carbohydrates is desired. They mainly consist of carbohydrates including of course fruit sugar. Having said that, at least you are limited by how much fruit you can eat. With juice you can easily consume much more of the same fruit without feeling full.

"What about the rise in the pressure in my eyes. Do I need to be worried about that?"

Well, normally it's not a good sign but I got curious reading your post and so had a quick look online. Normal IOP (intraocular pressure) is between 10 and 22. And apparently it can change in the course of a day by between 3-6. But with the relating change in vision, maybe for you it isn't normal.

All the best

Oliver

danjumasaidu

12 Aug 2012 @ 14:17PM

Thank you Dr Robin for your quick response and excellent recommendations of book to read.

Unfortunately, while writing my predicament, I failed to mentioned who I am and where I'm from.

My name is Danjuma Dawop from Nigeria. The type of diet I'm on are mainly Nigerian cuisine, which are local to where I come from.

Basically, I was asked to stop eating any processed food (juice, milk, soda, etc) which is common in many diets in Nigeria. I was advised to eat low carbohydrates and increase my intake of fruits, vegetables and water.

So you think it wasn't abnormal for my eyesight to change from short sightedness to long sightedness?

What about the rise in the pressure in my eyes. Do I need to be worried about that?

Concerning my prescription glasses, do you think I should ask my optometrist for new ones for long sightedness?

Danjuma

blobby

12 Aug 2012 @ 13:53PM

Hi,

It is well known that diabetes can affect the eyes and a high blood sugar level is one sign of this.

Maybe increased pressure in the eye has changed the the shape of the eyeball and this could explain your new found ability to see at a distance?

Dr William Bates suggested many years ago that stress can accumulate in the muscles around the eye and cause vision changes.

Better Sight Without Glasses is his book or you could consult a Bates Practitioner who practises his methods of eyesight correction.

Improve Your Vision by Martin Brofman is an excellent book about eyesight and how our stresses,emotions,fears affect the chakra system and those effects on the eyes.

My recommendation is to stop eating ALL processed carbohydrates and high GI foods as they will raise blood sugar levels abnormally.

How To Eat,Move and Be Healthy by Paul Chek is the best book on health I have seen...follow his diet advice.

The New Evolution Diet by Art De Vany is also an excellent read and very easy to understand about the effects of modern foods, especially hi GI carbs and grains on the body and insulin secretion, and the damage they do.

Out of interest, what kind of diet were you put on to lower your blood sugar?

Robin

danjumasaidu

12 Aug 2012 @ 12:12PM

I recently went to see my optometrist for a new prescription lenses for short sightedness. I have lost the one I was using and needed a new one. I have been using prescription glasses to correct my short sightedness since 2003. After a routine check, my optometrist discovered that not only the pressure in both my eyes had increased from 13 two months ago to 17. I also discovered that I could see long distance objects. My optometrist recommended I do a fasting blood sugar test, which I did. The result from the test showed I had a significant blood sugar level (145). I was put on a diet to reduce my blood sugar. Meanwhile my optometrist had not given me any prescription glasses to correct my recently acquired long sightedness. What is going on with my eyes and what can I do about it? Please help.

Latest Tweet

About

Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, depression and many other chronic conditions.

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

Most Popular Health Website of the Year 2014

© 2010 - 2017 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved