Helping you make better health choices

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

Subscribe!

high blood pressure

CommunityForumsAbout UsAbout us and the websitehigh blood pressure

jan england

5 Jan 2012 @ 09:52AM

i would suggest that everyone being told by their doctor that they have high blood pressure asks when the blood pressure monitors were last calibrated. also that if diagnosed they try alternatives to drugs first, as once drugs, sometimes a cocktail of several, are prescribed doctors do not seem willing to try alternatives, just leave patients on them for life.

a couple of years ago my husband was told, quote, that he had 'horrendously high' blood pressure. he argued that his home monitor did not reflect this and asked about equipment calibration, and was told this was not done.

the next time he saw the doctor this had been done and his blood pressure recording was much lower, though still deemed too high and drugs prescribed. i have often wondered how many people were put on uneeded medication due to this.

regards

jan england

Latest Tweet

About

Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, cancer, depression and many other chronic conditions.

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

Most Popular Health Website of the Year 2014

© 2010 - 2016 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved