Helping you make better health choices

In shops now or delivered to your home from only £3.50 an issue!

Subscribe!

Chronic pain in lower leg

CommunityForumsAbout UsAbout us and the websiteChronic pain in lower leg

glastonburyhomeopathcouk

27 Apr 2009 @ 18:11PM

Hi, I wouldn't want to prescribe a homeopathic remedy without getting more information on a case but you could look at the remedy Staphysagria - this is used as a specific remedy for post-operative pain, clean incisions, pains with a burning quality. You could search on www.hpathy.com for more information on the remedy or try contacting a local homeopath.

Best of luck, Steve.

jkane

16 Mar 2009 @ 21:31PM

About two years ago I suffered an injury to the lower half of my left leg. The laceration began at the bottom of my knee and continued down the leg for about 8 inches along the inside part of the calf. The cut got deeper as it descended down the leg. I don't believe the calf muscle was penetrated but the laceration allowed me to see the muscle. I could see a few veins that were cut. I ended up with about 50 stiches (20 in/30 out). After about 8 weeks I was released by my physician. Initially, the whole area was numb from the top of the wound to my ankle. It did not affect any of my activities so I ignored it, my physician told me it was likely that I would never regain sensation. About 9-10 months after the injury I began having stabbing pains and burning from the top of the calf to the arch of my foot. I had a MRI of the lower leg and one of the back. Neither revealed anything that may be root of my problem. I am taking Lyrica (450/day) and that seems to alleviate the stabbing pains but not the burning sensation. Any ideas? Thanks

Latest Tweet

About

Since 1989, WDDTY has provided thousands of resources on how to beat asthma, arthritis, cancer, depression and many other chronic conditions.

Start by looking in our fully searchable database, active and friendly community forums and the latest health news.

Positive SSL Wildcard

Facebook Twitter

Most Popular Health Website of the Year 2014

© 2010 - 2016 WDDTY Publishing Ltd.
All Rights Reserved