MMR and mercury detox: how to protect your child
March 25th 2008, 11:46 | Lynne Mctaggart
The latest views about children with autism is that it is a multifactorial problem, due to a combination of vaccination, heavy-metal exposure and even to microwaves, as generated by mobile phones. Typically, a child exhibits gut conditions, problems with detoxification and heavy-metal
poisoning. Here are a few basic ways to regularize these symptoms.
- Make sure your child receives good supplements of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids, including trace minerals such as zinc and selenium.
- Remember, gut health can be enhanced with probiotics and digestive enzymes.
- Fix any Candida problems (see The Candida and ME Handbook. London: WDDTY, 2001).
- Supplement with glutathione and products that boost its uptake, which helps with mercury detox. Children exposed to thimerosal have lower cellular levels of glutathione (NeuroToxicology, 2005; 26: 1-8). A number of companies offering such support suggests that the products should be sodium benzoate-free to support clearing of metals and other toxins.
- Support the rebuilding of gut cellular barriers with the use of glycosaminoglycans. These gut-protective barriers are often impaired when a child is exposed to the MMR shot or heavy metals.
- Chelate heavy metals naturally or with homeopathic methods. One such agent is zeolite, a natural volcanic mineral that claims to chelate heavy metals more gently than do chemicals such as DMSA.
- Keep your home free of wireless and mobile-phone radiation, and consider using equipment that minimizes such radiation.
The full story, 'Hiding behind junk science', is in the April issue of WDDTY.