How alternative medicine can help
There’s a range of options from alternative medicine you can try if you have been diagnosed with early-stage heart disease.
* If you are suffering from angina pectoris (pain in the chest, legs or arms caused by narrowing of the arteries), then acupuncture can help relieve the pain
* The pineapple enzyme bromelain is supposed to help - take 125-140 mg three times a day
* From Ayurvedic herbal medicine, try abana (a mixture containing gotu kola or Centella asiatica)
* From Chinese medicine, try qigong or chi kung (a self-healing art that combines movement and meditation)
* Ginkgo biloba can reduce pain and enable you to walk further
* Garlic has cholesterol-lowering abilities, as has artichoke, fenugreek seeds, ginger and khella (also known as ammi visnaga or Bishop’s weed)
* The Tibetan herbal preparation Padma-28 can improve circulation in the legs
* Homoeopathy offers Baryta carbonic, Adrenalin 30, Adrenalin 200, Eel serum 6 and Varyta mur 30 for lowering blood pressure.